Thursday, June 21, 2012

Final C&B Talk Announced

I just announced the final talk I'll be giving at this year's C++ and Beyond. It's Secrets of the C++11 Threading API.  Like my other talks, it's a new presentation covering new information I've never written, blogged, or spoken about before. (Okay, there may be some tiny overlap.  For example, in my Effective C++11 talk, I'm going to offer a more detailed analysis of the issues I raised in my blog post, std::string, SSO, and Move Semantics.)

The full slate of talks I'll be giving at C&B in August is:
In addition, I'll be participating in panel discussions and Q&A sessions with Herb Sutter and Andrei Alexandrescu on these topics:
For the talks Andrei and Herb will be giving, check out the C&B schedule. I think you'll find that the mix of talks this year is especially compelling, even by C&B standards.

Registration for C++ and Beyond continues through the end of July, but we're nearly 3/4th full, and once all the seats are gone, they're gone.  In addition, the discounted room rate for C&B attendees expires on July 6, so if you're interested in being part of the premier C++ event of 2012 (at least among those being held in Asheville, NC, in August :-}), I encourage you to sign up sooner rather than later.

Scott

No comments: